Monday, April 19, 2010

20 Best Bollywood Movies of the Last 10 Years

Below is an extracted list of 20 best Bollywood movies of last 10 years  from the Indians Abroad. While I don’t agree with all the items on the list (Slumdog Millonaire? And where is Three Idiots and Wake Up Sid?), at the time when I have my Bollywood cravings again, this list at least offers me some suggestions and inspirations on what to see next.

1.    Lagaan (2001). Of course it is one of the best! I’ve heard so much about Lagaan, what am I waiting for?!
2.   Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001).
3. Rang de Basanti(2006)
4. Devdas (2002)
5. Veer Zaara (2004)
6. Singh is Kinng (2008)
7. Slumdog Millionaire (2008): I don’t agree on this one as I don’t consider it to be a Bollywood movie.
8. Monson Wedding (2001): Mira Nair’s fine work.
9. Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006)
10. Ghajini (2008)
11. Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001)
12. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008): This is my first time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s performance, and then find out that he’s pretty much always that shy, kind-hearted Suri Sahn whenever he’s trying to be goofy (don’t hate me, SRK fans!)
13. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006)
14. Black (2005)
15. Taare Zameen Par (2007)
16. Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai (2000)
17. Om Shanti Om (2007)
18. Love Aaj Kal(2009)
19. Koi… Mil Gaya (2003)
20. Doom and Doom 2

Feel free to share your thoughts on this list. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't agree with #19 - don't like that movie at all! and I agree -where is 3 idiots and wake up sid? i LOVE those movies!! You've got your Bollywood down Ms. Sun! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick feedback, as an author of the original post...
    At the time, when the article was written, the 3 idiots was not out. Wake up sid - may be a good movie of last year...but it did not make the cut...just my opinion. Sorry to disappoint you...
    Slumdog...well, you may be right about director and some actors, but it was a collaboration with Bollywood. Let us not forget AR rahman, bollywood apporach and many bollywood actors...
    And, #19 was a lighthearted movies that younger generation/kids love it especially abroad...
    Take care.
    The Indians Abroad
    www.theindiansabroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ The Indians Abroad: You didn't disappoint me. These are all my personal opinions and glad to hear different voices. Now I'm very curious to check out #19. Thanks very much for your feedback and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete